Getting There on Race DayMetrorail and Metromover
Going to the race in the early morning? Participants are encouraged to obtain Metrorail $2 per trip tickets (one-way, round-trip $4) and pre-printed parking permits for $4 at the Nissan Health & Fitness Expo, Jan. 25-26, 2013. Metromover service is free.
To ride Metro-Rail, you need an EASY Card as the faregates do not accept cash. EASY Cards will be sold at the Expo.
Metrorail trains will depart the southern most station (Dadeland South) and the northernmost station (Palmetto) starting at 4:30 AM. Metrorail service will pick-up at all stops along the way to the Government Center station in downtown Miami. Once at the Government Center Station, participants should transfer to the Metromover's Downtown or Omni Loops to the following stations:
• Start Line Access - Freedom Tower or College/Bayside Station
• Finish Line Access - Bayfront Park and College/Bayside Station
• Cheering Zone - Omni Station
* Participants are strongly encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early to ensure they get on the train.
• Service will provided every 15 minutes from 4:30 AM until 5:30 AM (Trains depart at 4:30 AM, 4:45 AM, 5:00 AM).
• Service will be adjusted to the regular 30-minute Sunday schedule after 5:30 AM.
• Metromover will provide regular Sunday service beginning at 4:30 AM.
Metrorail Parking Fee: FREE
• Marathon participants can park at Metrorail stations for FREE all day on February 2, 2014. Metrorail parking facilities will open at 4 AM.
Race Morning Shuttles
| Race Day Parking
We encourage participants to use shuttles or Metro-Rail/MetroMover to get to Downtown on race morning. Parking will be available at lots and garages throughout Downtown Miami and participants should plan to arrive no later than 5 AM to secure parking.
We recommend using lots operated by the Miami Parking Authority or the garages at American Airlines Arena and Bayside Marketplace.
Click Here to Enlarge